Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Epic snow - another day off



I hope you're doing something besides shoveling all this snow. You could go sledding (like my family did), or you could build a snow pyramid (like Kailey and Katelyn did).

I know we're not in school today (and who knows when we'll be back), but there is still work to be done as we begin our unit on ancient Greece.

Assignment: read the section on the Olympics found here, entitled The Olympics: Ancient versus Modern. It appears on the BBC History site that is listed to the right under Researching History. After you've read it, find a picture of the ancient Olympics and post it on your blog.

BTW, Kailey's photo can be found in tomorrow's Aegis and on WBAL-TV's website. In addition, Katelyn got her snow pyramid (and Sphinx!) published on WJZ's site. Nice work!

Reminder: Section 01, plus any students who were absent on Friday, will be taking the test on ancient Egypt on the day we return to school. So be ready!

2 comments:

  1. My pyramid is almost done!! I'll post the picture soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted my picture of the Olympics already and my pyramid pic so check out my blog when you can! =)

    ReplyDelete